GD is a thief?!

    Share
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on April 5th 2010, 6:21 pm

    Well it looks like it.
    If you don't know G-Dragon aka Kwon Jiyong released his hit album "Heartbreaker" with the title track getting a lot of attention.

    MAINLY BECAUSE IT IS STOLEN. Sony accused YG (G-Dragon's company) of plagiarism, saying that the song Heartbreaker stole its beat from Flo Rida's Right Round.

    Here is the evidence that the song is infact stolen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUznXCysuU

    Here is G-Dragon's Heartbreaker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXEVd-Z7NE

    Here is Flo Rida's Right Round
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re2FQZK54oA&feature=related

    Personally I think Right Round sounds like ass and GD is so much better than Flo Rida. I don't care and I am not suprised that the music industry steals.

    Discuss your opinons and such below

    Dante Feistel
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 126
    Join date : 2010-03-07

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Dante Feistel on April 5th 2010, 6:53 pm

    Joey-Kazaam wrote:Well it looks like it.
    If you don't know G-Dragon aka Kwon Jiyong released his hit album "Heartbreaker" with the title track getting a lot of attention.

    MAINLY BECAUSE IT IS STOLEN. Sony accused YG (G-Dragon's company) of plagiarism, saying that the song Heartbreaker stole its beat from Flo Rida's Right Round.

    Here is the evidence that the song is infact stolen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUznXCysuU

    Here is G-Dragon's Heartbreaker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXEVd-Z7NE

    Here is Flo Rida's Right Round
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re2FQZK54oA&feature=related

    Personally I think Right Round sounds like ass and GD is so much better than Flo Rida. I don't care and I am not suprised that the music industry steals.

    Discuss your opinons and such below

    In the US this could technically count as Fair Use under Parody depending on context, meaning, i don't say G-Dragon is a thief, besides, the BG music in this seems quite different than that in the actual song when i listened to it a while back. Not by a whole lo, meaning it could be inspired.

    My verdict, until further research is done, I can't call a verdict too much, but I will at this time side with G-Dragon on this, Depending on laws in SK, he is likely not breaking the law.
    avatar
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 267
    Join date : 2010-03-06

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  The Heap on April 5th 2010, 6:55 pm

    It's quite blatant that both songs have almost the same melody, but who cares? the people who like the US music industry and those who prefer K-Pop or J-Pop or Mandopop or whateva floats your boat are two different markets. It's not like it was in English and released in the United States by say, Universal or Warner Music Group. Oddly enough, we get treated to a 20 second or so mini-song that's completely different at the end of Heartbreaker, unlike Flo-Rida and his shit.

    yeah its plagiarism but so what, that's the whole business of how the world works. There is a reason why imitation is considered the most sincere form of flattery.


    _________________
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on April 5th 2010, 7:11 pm

    The Heap wrote:
    yeah its plagiarism but so what, that's the whole business of how the world works. There is a reason why imitation is considered the most sincere form of flattery.
    GD almost went to jail for this, so it does mean something.

    And the mv for Breathe was the ending clip you saw, it was to announce another song that was on the album.

    I think if GD were to ever become big in N.A. he really blew his chances with this.
    avatar
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 267
    Join date : 2010-03-06

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  The Heap on April 5th 2010, 7:28 pm

    damn, thats bad. its almost like when that chinese boyband ripped off PUFFY, except the two countries aren't so close.

    on another note, EMI (who also owns Right Round) saw no similarities between the two songs and Flo-Rida's representives saw no problem either. whats even weirder is that Flo-Rida might be doing a cover of Heartbreaker. maybe Flo-Rida and them got a deal set up.

    Also, apparently according to the originally-scheduled date of release for Heartbreaker, the two songs would be only two months apart from release, so I'm betting it was a coincidence.


    _________________
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on April 5th 2010, 9:12 pm

    Perhaps... However a lot of the Koreans at my school hate GD now because of this accusation.
    avatar
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 267
    Join date : 2010-03-06

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  The Heap on April 6th 2010, 2:09 pm

    Joey-Kazaam wrote:Perhaps... However a lot of the Koreans at my school hate GD now because of this accusation.

    wow. that's pretty sad.

    Also, if Heartbreaker (originally meant to be released a mere 2 months after Right Round) ripped off Flo-Rida, then I think Yu Yamada's "FREE" probably ripped off the same song too. FREE doesn't sound as similar as Hearbreaker is to Flo-Rida, but I can't help buy notice the similarities. I know there is a fine line between similarity and blatant plagiarism, but I can't tell if FREE is just similar or if it is in fact plagiarism.

    YU YAMADA (FREE) :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtWUJjk0E1U

    I call, you decide.


    _________________
    avatar
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 487
    Join date : 2009-12-12
    Location : Behind You

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  ShaftyCakes on April 7th 2010, 4:11 pm

    Some parts sound similar bu they are different enough to me.

    It's just the beginning and some parts near the chorus that sound similar to me


    _________________
    "I am quite good at genetics, as a subset of biology, because I am an expert which I know is a tautology"
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on April 7th 2010, 5:18 pm

    Perhaps GD also stole his blonde look from some European guy named Milan Stankovic.

    Link: http://popseoul.com/2010/03/19/serbia-has-its-own-g-dragon/

    However GD is 10 million times better...
    avatar
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 267
    Join date : 2010-03-06

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  The Heap on April 7th 2010, 8:38 pm

    That song by the Russian guy is actually quite catchy imo.


    _________________
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on April 7th 2010, 9:09 pm

    I disagree, this kid just as a bowl cut and dyed it blonde..... GD ftw.

    Also GD went blonde well before this Serbian guy.
    avatar
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 267
    Join date : 2010-03-06

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  The Heap on April 7th 2010, 9:18 pm

    oh, you want to know what i think of his look? i think his look is crap.

    the song, on the other hand, is kinda catchy. kinda like the opposite of when a good looking person sings like crap. like that ever happens much, just my example.


    _________________
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on April 7th 2010, 10:08 pm

    The Heap wrote:oh, you want to know what i think of his look? i think his look is crap.

    the song, on the other hand, is kinda catchy. kinda like the opposite of when a good looking person sings like crap. like that ever happens much, just my example.
    I meant, I disagreed with the article saying they look alike, man I'm on a roll of not finishing my posts today lolz.
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 27th 2010, 11:34 pm

    Hey listen to this Justin Bieber song! Doesn't the first 30 seconds remind of you of another song........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXyM30SfoUY
    avatar
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 487
    Join date : 2009-12-12
    Location : Behind You

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  ShaftyCakes on May 28th 2010, 5:18 pm

    They played Flo Rider during The Inside Ride and I started to sing Heartbreaker without even thinking. Now I understand why the whole copying music thing went on.

    And by singing Heartbreaker, I mean gibberish that I think he says.


    _________________
    "I am quite good at genetics, as a subset of biology, because I am an expert which I know is a tautology"
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 28th 2010, 8:59 pm

    ShaftyCakes wrote:They played Flo Rider during The Inside Ride and I started to sing Heartbreaker without even thinking. Now I understand why the whole copying music thing went on.

    And by singing Heartbreaker, I mean gibberish that I think he says.
    Be like Mike and print out the lyrics lolololololololololololol

    lol so ben, is GD > Jpop
    I don't mean kpop > jpop, cuz kpop is moar liek kpoop! lolz but GD is kewl.IF ONLY THE KOREANS AT OUR SCHOOL WERE MOAR LIKE GD!
    avatar
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 487
    Join date : 2009-12-12
    Location : Behind You

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  ShaftyCakes on May 28th 2010, 11:08 pm

    GD is very good and I like him as much as a lot of the J-Pop I listen to but I he's like an outlier for K-Pop.

    But yeah, if it comes back next year, join our team. It actually was really fun. Kinda sucks that our bike's chain fell out of place during Dimitry's run and Brandon quit after 5 minutes causing Mike to go an extra 5. I ended up going like 4.25 km during my 10 minutes.


    _________________
    "I am quite good at genetics, as a subset of biology, because I am an expert which I know is a tautology"
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 29th 2010, 2:08 am

    ShaftyCakes wrote:GD is very good and I like him as much as a lot of the J-Pop I listen to but I he's like an outlier for K-Pop.

    But yeah, if it comes back next year, join our team. It actually was really fun. Kinda sucks that our bike's chain fell out of place during Dimitry's run and Brandon quit after 5 minutes causing Mike to go an extra 5. I ended up going like 4.25 km during my 10 minutes.
    IF U TOOK FITNESS GYM YOU'D BE ABLE TO GO 8.5 KM!!!1
    avatar
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 487
    Join date : 2009-12-12
    Location : Behind You

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  ShaftyCakes on May 29th 2010, 12:00 pm

    NO U!


    _________________
    "I am quite good at genetics, as a subset of biology, because I am an expert which I know is a tautology"
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 29th 2010, 12:04 pm

    i wonder....
    since the intro to heartbreaker goes
    "ayo finally, brand new gd"
    the brand new part doesn't really make sense now lulz.
    avatar
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 487
    Join date : 2009-12-12
    Location : Behind You

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  ShaftyCakes on May 29th 2010, 7:58 pm

    Mike says "BRAND NEW CD!"


    P.S. I picked a picture of Batman because I started Arkham Asylum today.


    _________________
    "I am quite good at genetics, as a subset of biology, because I am an expert which I know is a tautology"
    avatar
    Joey-Kazaam

    Posts : 587
    Join date : 2009-12-11
    Age : 23
    Location : Toronto

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 29th 2010, 9:46 pm

    ShaftyCakes wrote:Mike says "BRAND NEW CD!"


    P.S. I picked a picture of Batman because I started Arkham Asylum today.
    /facepalm

    HOW DO U LIKE THE PAPER MOVING IN THE PC VERSION OF ARKHAM ASYLUM? DOES IT CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY A LOT? lolz.
    avatar
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 487
    Join date : 2009-12-12
    Location : Behind You

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  ShaftyCakes on May 29th 2010, 11:13 pm

    I'm playing it now without the physics on and it's the same as the console versions (especially when I use my 360 controller) but when I get a better graphics card, I'm sure to give it and Mirrors Edge another go.

    I played a bit with the physics on but it slowed down a lot when I'd walk threw broken tiles, paper, fog, etc so I took it off and the game felt kinda empty.


    _________________
    "I am quite good at genetics, as a subset of biology, because I am an expert which I know is a tautology"

    Sponsored content

    Re: GD is a thief?!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is December 18th 2017, 2:50 am