Red Dead Redemption

Joey-Kazaam

Red Dead Redemption

Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 7th 2010, 7:13 pm

Rockstar Games' new project, it is basically GTA set in the old west. I think it looks sick with the online features. YOU CAN GO HUNTING WITH UR BUDDIES!

thoughts?
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Red Dead Redemption

Post  The Heap on May 7th 2010, 8:24 pm

looks cool to me, too bad i donts got a PS3 or XBOX360

hmm... maybe if I can i will fix up my bros old xbox360

Admin

Post  ShaftyCakes on May 7th 2010, 10:29 pm

My thoughts on recent GTA's

San Andreas was incredibly awesome. At least the best 3D GTA
    GTA 4 is SERIOUS BUSINESS
    Lost and the Damned is EVEN MORE SERIOUS BUSINESS
    Gay Tony is more like GTA: SA mixed in with GTA4
    Chinatown Wars was also really fun. It was awesome playing a new top down game that didn't involve picking up cars and then taking to the docks, which happened a LOT in GTA 1 - 2 (Maybe London, never played it).

Red Dead Redemption seems meh to me. I don't care for "The Wild West" sort of things so it doesn't appeal to me. I just think that there are too many good games coming out in the next while to make this game stand out.

Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 7th 2010, 11:23 pm

ShaftyCakes wrote:
    Red Dead Redemption seems meh to me. I don't care for "The Wild West" sort of things so it doesn't appeal to me. I just think that there are too many good games coming out in the next while to make this game stand out.
    When you say good games, do you mean...
    Halo REACH?
    Sluck

Post  Sluck on May 29th 2010, 3:19 pm

Red deads online adds something new to these types of sandbox games and it was a very good add on, the story is not that long and to me is not as interesting as games like GTA or saint row but the missions are still fun and the excellent multi-player more than makes up for the story problems, and with co-op missions on the way I direct recommend this game especially with a live account.
    Joey-Kazaam

Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 29th 2010, 3:32 pm

Sluck wrote:Red deads online adds something new to these types of sandbox games and it was a very good add on, the story is not that long and to me is not as interesting as games like GTA or saint row but the missions are still fun and the excellent multi-player more than makes up for the story problems, and with co-op missions on the way I direct recommend this game especially with a live account.
    -Public free roam games are horrible
    - Story only lasts about 2-3 days... half of the time you're riding your horse from one end of the map to the other, so if you didn't like doing it in Far Cry 2, you're not gonna like it now.
    - The free roam leaves something to be desired after you beat it, and in multiplayer if you have a good gun you're basically unstoppable because people spawn with bad guns so if you pick up a good one you're safe to get like a 5 kill streak.
    - The lasso is not used online, which is bad, because it was a big selling point for me in the game because that was one of the key features that made it different than gta.
    - The loading times are ridiculous. In the IGN review it said there were no loading times, however whenever you initiate a command like going to xbox live or single player or starting a mission there is a 5 minute load time.
    - Horses only seat one player while in the single player game they held 2 people on many occasations.
    - No real connection with the characters... It may be because I skipped the cut scene but I felt no attachment to Marston, however I really liked Niko's character in GTA, it was witty and funny, Marston is just an a-hole.
    - The online has a serious bug issue, if a person joins the game that has a poor connection ,it kicks all the players that are already in the game that can't connect to that person.
    - The free roam is not what they advertised and it is just a watered down single player with all the interactivity taken out of the game.
    - Most of the guns act the same, and are useless. Like I said earlier once you get a good pistol you're set.
    - The ending is horrible, I would've have liked a fair oppritunity to choose what I do rather than a 10 minute cut scene of showing Marston doing something I would have never let him do which further shows my lack of connection with the character.

These issues are what have hampered my experience with the game. Red Dead is a good game, but it wasn't worth the admission price.

This is a game I should've rented and not bought but heck....
    Sluck

Post  Sluck on May 29th 2010, 3:49 pm

Joey-Kazaam wrote:
    Sluck wrote:Red deads online adds something new to these types of sandbox games and it was a very good add on, the story is not that long and to me is not as interesting as games like GTA or saint row but the missions are still fun and the excellent multi-player more than makes up for the story problems, and with co-op missions on the way I direct recommend this game especially with a live account.
    -Public free roam games are horrible
    - Story only lasts about 2-3 days... half of the time you're riding your horse from one end of the map to the other, so if you didn't like doing it in Far Cry 2, you're not gonna like it now.
    - The free roam leaves something to be desired after you beat it, and in multiplayer if you have a good gun you're basically unstoppable because people spawn with bad guns so if you pick up a good one you're safe to get like a 5 kill streak.
    - The lasso is not used online, which is bad, because it was a big selling point for me in the game because that was one of the key features that made it different than gta.
    - The loading times are ridiculous. In the IGN review it said there were no loading times, however whenever you initiate a command like going to xbox live or single player or starting a mission there is a 5 minute load time.
    - Horses only seat one player while in the single player game they held 2 people on many occasations.
    - No real connection with the characters... It may be because I skipped the cut scene but I felt no attachment to Marston, however I really liked Niko's character in GTA, it was witty and funny, Marston is just an a-hole.
    - The online has a serious bug issue, if a person joins the game that has a poor connection ,it kicks all the players that are already in the game that can't connect to that person.
    - The free roam is not what they advertised and it is just a watered down single player with all the interactivity taken out of the game.
    - Most of the guns act the same, and are useless. Like I said earlier once you get a good pistol you're set.
    - The ending is horrible, I would've have liked a fair oppritunity to choose what I do rather than a 10 minute cut scene of showing Marston doing something I would have never let him do which further shows my lack of connection with the character.

These issues are what have hampered my experience with the game. Red Dead is a good game, but it wasn't worth the admission price.

This is a game I should've rented and not bought but heck....

OK
    I do agree with some of your saying, as i said before the single player wasn't that great to me but as far as multi-player it still delivers on everything it promised. the public is pretty shity because everyone more or less tries to kill you, but when playing private there is a fair amount to do. although only doing gang hideout provide a lot of xp you can still do things like go hunting, collect a bounty, or create other activities. the game modes are on and off to me but i find that the people who play smart are able to find a strong weapon before getting attacked. and in some maps the pistol u start with is actually pretty strong, like when u start with the semi automatic. the co-op missions r yet to com out and that seems like a fairly fun thing and as far load times even though it takes a while to get into a game once in the game it seems to run fairly smoothly.
    Joey-Kazaam

Post  Joey-Kazaam on May 29th 2010, 3:51 pm

^ I have yet to see a bounty I can do online, unless you mean aimlessly shoot at the NPC's to get a large bounty...

also what's the point of hunting if you can't skin the animal and sell it? Or there should be a mini game like nazi zombies but with bears lulz.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is December 18th 2017, 2:50 am